CAROLE’S RULES OF THE BARN
- Be prepared that the Queen of England could arrive at any time.
- Know that the smell of horse sweat and leather is the best perfume in the world.
- Always carry your knife. Try not to remember what you last used it for. Try to wash it when you get a chance.
- Always close every gate and door behind you even if you intend to go right back through it.
- Stand back and look at horses whenever you can. They are poetry in motion. As Sir Winston Churchill wrote: “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
- The animals in your care are a reflection of you….keep them clean, active, fit and happy.
- Keep equipment and tools in good working order and put them away in their proper places.
- Lock up at the end of the day so all is safe and sound.